Are you passionate about travel and have excellent customer service skills, becoming a corporate flight attendant may be the perfect career path for you. Here are some tips for fulfilling your dream of becoming a CFA.
- Get Appropriate Training : Whilst it’s not always required, obtaining approved training from a recognised corporate flight attendant school can help you stand out from the competition. Remember to check what your countries approved training types are, as it is different for different regions, like the USA and Europe to the Middle East and Asia. Look for schools that offer training specifically for corporate flight attendants, as this will give you an edge when applying for jobs. USA approved Flight Safety International, AirCare Facts, Europe Corporate flight Training in the UK, some companies may also require the EASA license, Middle East Dynamic Advanced Training in Dubai has one of the most advanced training facilities in the world.
- Gain Experience: Employers often prefer candidates with prior flight attendant experience. Consider working for a commercial airline or private jet company to gain experience and build your resume/cv.
- Build Your Network: Networking is critical in the aviation industry. Attend industry events, join professional organisations, and connect with other flight attendants and aviation professionals on social media.
- Polish Your Skills : As a corporate flight attendant, you’ll need to have excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills. Look into different types of training to help improve your chances, stand out from the crowd.
- Create a Professional Curriculum Vitae or Resume : Your cv / resume should highlight your experience, certificates and relevant skills. Check the job advert and that you have all the relevant experience and training for the position that is required.
- Applying for Jobs : Look for job openings on aviation job boards, company websites, LinkedIn, and through industry connections. When applying for job vacancies, make sure to include all the right documentation asked for such as training certificated and if required a cover letter.
- Prepare for Interviews : Interviews for corporate flight attendant positions can be rigorous and may include multiple rounds. You may be asked to set up a table to silver service levels. Be prepared to answer questions about your experience, customer service skills, and your knowledge of the industry such as the different aircraft types and know their layouts of what could be onboard. Knowing about this could change the direction of your interview questions. As knowledge of the industry will show a thorough understanding of how different it is to commercial flying. Being able to write a catering order without help is also a big plus in interviews.
- Stay Flexible : As a corporate flight attendant, your schedule may be unpredictable, and trips may come up at very short notice, whilst you are on duty. Be prepared for constant schedule changes and maintain a positive can-do attitude.
- Take Care of Yourself : Being a corporate flight attendant can be physically and mentally demanding with long hours and standing for long periods on long flights.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Industry Trends: The aviation industry is constantly evolving. Stay informed about industry trends and changes, and continue to develop your skills and knowledge with additional training.
Becoming a corporate flight attendant requires a combination of your experience, skillset and any further development training you have undertaken. By following these few simple tips and staying committed to your new career, you can fulfil your dream of working as a corporate flight attendant and embark on an exciting career and traveling the world to some amazing new destinations.